Motor vehicles basically fall under two main categories. They are commercial vehicles and private vehicles. Commercial vehicles include vehicles such as: Buses, Trucks, Trailers, Dual Purpose Vehicles, Forklifts, Tractors and other heavy vehicles. Private vehicles are again divided into two categories viz Motor Cars and Motor Cycles.

Every Organisation or Individual owning a vehicle / vehicles must have the minimum insurance requirement of third party liability insurance cover which is compulsory by law. This covers damage to property or bodily injury caused to third parties.

There is also the comprehensive motor insurance policy, which covers damage to the vehicle and damage to third party property or bodily injury caused to third parties. If an Organisation owns a fleet of vehicles of a particular category, they could obtain a fleet insurance policy (one master policy), thus facilitating the easy management of your motor insurance portfolio. The comprehensive insurance policy could also be extended to cover additional perils. Some of the common perils covered under this scheme are: Workmen's compensation to paid driver, floods, strikes, riots, civil commotion, terrorism, enhanced towing charges, windscreen/window breakage, airbag, and increased third party property damage on commercial vehicles.